B Corps use the power of business to build a better economy
Certified B Corporations™ (B Corps™) are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
Set the Standard for Ethical Business
When you see this logo, it means the business behind it has met high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials.
B Corp Certification is the only certification that measures a company’s entire social and environmental performance with its tool: the B Impact Assessment. This assessment evaluates how your company’s operations and business model impact your workers, community, environment, customers, and governance. From your supply chain and input materials to your charitable giving and employee benefits, B Corp Certification proves your business is meeting the highest standards of verified performance.
Attract People with Passion
Now, more than ever, workers are choosing to work for companies that reflect their values. There’s no better way to attract and engage mission-aligned talent than to verify your values with B Corp Certification.
- 144:1 is the world average pay ratio of highest paid to lowest paid employee (source). 6:1 is the average pay ratio of B Corps.
- B Corps are 61% more likely to anonymously survey employees on gender identity, race/ethnicity, disability status, and other demographic factors to manage and improve workforce diversity and inclusivity.
You’ve been doing the work — and there’s always more to do! Continued use of the B Impact Assessment helps your company set goals, track performance, and engage other departments along the way.
- The average B Impact Assessment score for a B Corp is 96.5. The average score of ordinary business is 57.3
- B Corps are 2x more likely to provide training and resources to improve the social environmental performance of its suppliers.
Protect Your Legacy
Make sure your company is built on a solid legal foundation for the long term. The B Corp legal framework helps you protect your mission so that you can continue to change the world while not letting the world change your business.
- Investment professionals are willing to pay a 10% median premium to acquire a company with a positive record for environmental, social, and governmental issues. (source)
- 488% increase in news attention to B Corps in 2020 compared to 2019.
- Aggregate awareness of B Corp in the US is: 43% and in Canada: 32%.
Good For Michigan is proud to be your B Local
B Locals are place-based communities of people using business as a force for good. B Locals exist to create connections, increase the positive impact of their B Corp community, and raise awareness of the B Economy. Good For Michigan works to train, facilitate, support, and educate businesses in our region to build a stronger People First Economy.
We help companies just like yours uncover what they’re already doing to support positive change. Since becoming Michigan’s B Local, we have:
- Co-hosted a day-long virtual BLD Conference with four other B Local groups in the midwest
- Hosted annual State of the B Local Michigan events
- Convened business leaders all over the state to celebrate the first Black and Black Woman-owned B Corp in Michigan
Find your community and build relationships
Join a community of business leaders who share your beliefs. Together the B Corp community is addressing our most pressing social and environmental problems. Connect online, meet in person at events, or build client and vendor relationships within a powerful community of practice.
The online platform, the B Hive, connects over 4,000 B Corps and 25,000 mission aligned professionals.