Does your holiday list look something like this:
- Schedule family/staff holiday parties
- Take family photo
- Send holiday cards
- Confirm meal/catering menus
- Exchange names for gifting
- Purchase the perfect gift(s)
And on and on it goes…
Holiday preparations and shopping don’t have to put you in a holi-DAZE! We get it – this is a BUSY season. Fall and winter are full of year-end planning, both personal and professional. Year-end bookkeeping, social engagements, busy storefront hours, and personal holiday shopping… it's no wonder these months fly by! It's enough to overwhelm anyone.
Let People First Economy be your guide to an impactful and memorable holiday season! Prepare for the Gift Local, Gift Good season with the help of Michigan’s business community.
Values-driven and local businesses are here for you, providing solutions and keeping our community vibrant. They are depending on YOU to put people first before, during, and after the holidays. These businesses keep our economy stable and resilient by creating jobs, recirculating capital, and building a sense of place.
The holiday season is a huge year-end surge of economic activity. It’s a fantastic opportunity to funnel resources to the businesses you love most. So let’s get organized!
Create shopping lists using the Gift Local and Gift Good guides
BONUS Ask yourself these questions as you prep for this holiday season:
- What local experiences would my loved ones or staff appreciate?
- Can I curate a locally-sourced selection of holiday activities (shopping + coffee, tree farm + brewery, event tickets + a meal)?
- What gifts/experiences would be meaningful to my loved ones and/or staff?
- In what ways does my holiday prep contribute to the neighborhoods I care about?
- Do the experiences I plan and gifts I give support a values-aligned business?
Gift Local Gift Good is powered by